4 Year Old Enrolments
Four-year-old kindergarten is a 1 year education program for children, the year before they start school.
Four-year-old kindergarten is subsidised by the Victorian Government to keep fees low and allow all children to attend.
To be eligible for 4-year-old kindergarten, your child must turn 4 by 30 April in the year of kindergarten attendance.
If your child was born between January and April, you have the choice of which year to enrol your child, including the year the child is eligible or the year after. You should be aware that some children who start kindergarten early may experience issues later, as they start school early.
Applying for 4-year-old kindergarten
4 Year Old Kindergarten places in the City of Whittlesea are offered through a Central Enrolment Scheme.
To enrol your child in 4-year-old kindergarten:
1. Download the 4-year-old kindergarten application form (PDF - 297KB), or get a hard-copy from the following locations:
* Either Jacaranda site (Kingsway drive or Nebel street)
* Your local maternal and child health centres
* City of Whittlesea Council Offices, 25 Ferres Boulevard, South Morang (Melway 183 A10)
* Whittlesea Community Connections, Shop 111, Epping Plaza
2. Fill in your child's details and nominate 3 kindergartens, in order of preference.
3. Provide the following supporting documents:
* Proof of child’s birth (for example, a copy of their birth certificate/extract or maternal child health record book)
* Proof that you live in the City of Whittlesea (for example, a copy of your current driver’s licence, rates notice, telephone, gas, electricity or water bill). If you are a non-resident, provide proof of primary childcare and/or work arrangements within the municipality, (for example, a signed Statutory Declaration)
* A Non-refundable application fee of $19.50, or a copy of your Health Care Card, if applicable.
4. Bring your completed application to the Community Services Counter at the Civic Centre offices, or mail it to:
Kindergarten Central Enrolment
City of Whittlesea
Locked Bag 1
Bundoora MDC VIC 3083
Alternatively, you can pay the application fee by credit card and simply email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 9409 9822.